If you haven’t been in Northwest Arkansas long, or even if you have, you may not have ever ventured out to the small-town of Pea Ridge. It’s a quiet little community just 10 minutes North of Rogers and 10 minutes East of Bentonville. My husband and I have lived in Pea Ridge for the past eleven years. While we both work in other cities, we enjoy living the small-town life.
We live in a subdivision, but can see cows right across the street. Nothing compares to the beauty and stillness that can be taken in when I’m out for an early Sunday morning jog around our no-stoplight town.
If you’re looking for a day trip or just want to get out and see new parts of NWA, you should drive out and see what Pea Ridge has to offer.
- Pea Ridge National Military Park- travel back to 1862 when you visit the historic Civil War battlefield. It is one of the most intact Civil War battlefields in the U.S. You can walk the paved trails, or tour the museum to learn more. The scenery is always beautiful, but is absolutely breath-taking in the fall.
- Small-town sports- you just can’t beat the hometown feel when you’re taking in a baseball game at the ball field. You can also head to the high school stadium each fall to watch the Pea Ridge High School football team, which is always in the running for the championship in their class each year. Again, the cozy, small-town feel is exciting and transports you back to a simpler time.
- Food trucks- an exciting new addition to Pea Ridge is the recent opening of three food trucks. If you’re looking for bbq, gourmet grilled-cheese sandwiches, or Hibachi-style cuisine look no further.
- Big Sugar Golf Club- a favorite for golf lovers! Big Sugar is known for being a fun, challenging, scenic course.
- McGarrah Farms- when it’s time to pick out a pumpkin or take the kids on a hayride, remember Pea Ridge is home to one of the most popular pumpkin patches in Northwest Arkansas.
- Wonderland Tree Farms- wondering where your friends get those beautiful photos in the middle of a Christmas tree farm? You’ll find the right place in Pea Ridge. Acres of beautiful trees are available if you’d like to cut down your own or you can pick out a pre-cut one as well.
- Close to several fun destinations- if you are headed to Eureka Springs, Roaring River, or Lost Bridge on Beaver Lake, Pea Ridge is a great place to stop and stretch your legs as you pass through.
If you get the chance, come visit our unique little corner of Northwest Arkansas. Who knows? Maybe we’ll even end up at the four-way stop at the same time.